Sunday, August 29, 2010

Palmer Ice

I'd been perplexed by this site on the layout for a while. If you're familiar with pics of my layouts previous incarnation, this was the location of the quonset hut pawnshop. I was thinking of filling it with a large structure, essentially shaped like the footprint of the lot. More than likely though it would have made the area seem smaller. With the addition of some coal bins to the right of the ice building and the freight house, I can make up several mini scenes. I'll save the larger structures in this area for the background...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice little scene Doug! Palmer's is a neat little structure (I am enjoying the build I'm doing) and the coal bins/shed on the side makes it really seem like things have been there a while. Like all the details around it as well.