Friday, July 09, 2010

Street Progress

Where the road sits was once a track siding, now shortened. It ends to the far right of the photo. I removed the rails at the grade crossing and filled it in with plaster. I added a sheet of masonite under the structures to cover some rough surfaces and start with a clean street. Eventually I'll paint the older pavement to match the new street once it's all glued in place. I have an empty lot between the Ludlow building and the liquor store - I'll have to come up with a new structure, most likely brick to break up the monotony of the clapboard buildings.

I may add a waterfront edge to the layout here, so I can add some buildings in pilings across the street. It would just be a matter of adding an L Girder made up of 1x4 wood...we'll see.

No comments: