Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Yard Work




I've finally started the yard area on my layout. I'd put it off because it meant dragging out that *%#@%!'n airbrush. I made it through unscathed, so did the airbrush - this time, if you don't count the verbal abuse.

I managed to get half the ballast down ( Fine Black Cinders) before I ran out. After promptly placing an order with Scenic express, I got back to work on adding some Details West switch motor castings. It's the kind of detail I'd always left out, but they're worth the extra effort. Then came some scenic foam, just a little, and prairie tufts...I don't know what I'd do with out these.

I've still got a lot to do in this area, but I'm happy with how it's coming along. I also started the engine service facility and have been gathering details.

More pics soon...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice! Are you basing the yard after any prototype, from the area or from a railfan trip?