Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Weather It

We recently added some more Bragdon Weathering powder products to our site. They're individual containers of Light Rust, Soot Black, Weathered Brown and Lime Mortar White. If you haven't already tried Bragdon powders, consider them, especially if you're reluctant to try any weathering. With these powders it's easy to do. Just apply as little as possible at first and add more until you see the results you want. Even try it on scrap first. Probably the best advantage, for me anyway, is that I can keep Satan's little helper ( my airbrush) locked up in the basement where he belongs, with no food or water, or paint...my point - these chalks can give you that airbrush look without the hassle. Subtle fading of color or streaks of rust, it's the simplest and easiest way to age something. I haven't trie dthe Lime Mortar White yet but anxious to try, it looks like it'd be a great way to streak that white effervescence that leaches out of brick work. I'll keep you posted once I give it a go.

No comments: