Thursday, December 18, 2008

Pizzeria Transplant

We've barely had a moment to rest here in our workshop, preparing and packing Christmas orders and getting out HT Gordon's. HT Gordon's begins shipping this week, it's a big crunch but we'll get it done.

I did manage a small break, and work on the small scene in the pic above. The pizzeria is from our sold out kit Harrington's Bar & Enzo's Pizza, released in 2003. Unfortunately I dropped the original diorama, face down..Harrington's Bar broke the fall, sparing the little pizza shop. So it's been sitting on a shelf collecting dust...since I haven't built any structures yet for my modern era layout, I figured I could make it work some how. It needs some more details, a proper road sign, figures...but so far I likes the sparseness of the scene and it's the tone I want to see through the entire layout. The empty lot across the street will be the site of a liquor store/cash checking joint, with lots of signage and a few folks up to no good. It'll have to wait until after the holidays...

In the meantime we'll continue with kit production and shipping. Somewhere in there, we'll be working on the next few kits, hopefully at least one new kit will be ready for Springfield. The next kit is going to be a gr- ...almost gave it away....stay tuned for some unique, new, easy to build kits in January and February!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel like you, Doug. I've gotten permission recently to "cease and desist" any new construction on my Preston Junction RR and stop operations within 8 mos, so I can start a new layout! I will begin my shutdown and pulling up track early next year - once I have a new track plan, that is... I've enjoyed following your layout & building exploits!
Norm